- Over 11 years of accounting experience: Processed and verified up to $100K weekly in receivables and payables.
- Recouped over $2M in potentially lost revenue by collaborating with CFOs at two organizations to implement more efficient billing systems.
- Excellent software skills:Proficient with MS Office (Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word), QuickBooks and many web applications.
- Strong application development skills:Designed, created and coded 10 modules to track third-party billing and collections, heavily leveraging VBA, SQL, PHP, C++, and Linux commands.
- Effective customer service, teamwork, and leadership skills.
- Trained and supervised eight new office clerks and interns and oversaw eleven workers maintaining 600,000 square feet of Class A office space.
|Letter Carrier||US Post Office, San Francisco, CA||Jan/16||--||Jun/19|
|Bookkeeper /Web Maintenance||Self-employed contractor, San Francisco, CA||Nov/08||--||Jan/16|
|Customer Service Clerk||OfficeTeam, San Francisco, CA||Feb/15||--||Mar/15|
|Seasonal Security Guard||APM, BBS, CSS, San Francisco, CA||Oct/11||--||Sep/14|
|Enumerator / Crew Leader||US Census Bureau, San Francisco, CA||Mar/10||--||Jul/10|
|Bookkeeper / Admin Asst.||Shorenstein Realty Services, San Francisco, CA||Dec/07||--||Jul/08|
|Medical Billing Specialist||Jewish Family & Children’s Services, San Francisco, CA||Dec/99||--||Sep/05|
Accounting / Bookkeeping
- Verified, entered, & filed hundreds of weekly payables including rental payments, purchase receipts, purchase order requisitions, and $20-$30K invoices.
- Posted checks and cash receipts to G/L and reconciled $1M in G/L accounts annually.
- Accurately entered billing codes and amounts into software, verified output, and calculated errors.
- Co-implemented an improved billing system for an Accountemps client and logged software bugs.
- Created and coded 10 software modules to track and collect third party billing data for Jewish Family & Children’s Services – and moved them from COBOL to SQL Server.
- Assisted payroll staff with verifying and posting weekly and biweekly payroll data.
- Resolved vendor or staff inquiries, and advised vendors on budgets and outstanding invoices.
- Made bank deposits, set up electronic payments, and reconciled monthly bank/credit statements.
- Printed billing and revenue, month-end closings, and yearly audit reports.
- Met with the accounting director and CFO often to discuss procedures, accounts, and reports.
Related Administrative Support
- Entered work orders into MRI Workspeed property management software.
- Coordinated tenant move-in and move-out deadlines and forms, and verified rental insurance policies.
- Scheduled follow-up calls, rental showings, office appointments, and staff meetings.
- Maintained up-to-date database records and hard copy files of over 5,000 client records.
- Supervised crew of 12 field enumerators counting displaced individuals for the US Census, completed survey data, and submitted surveys, payroll data, and field reports.
Computer Programming Certificate, The Chubb Institute, Parsippany, NJ
Associate Applied Science, Major: Business Administration, Essex County College, Newark, NJ